Hartwick Pines State Park Chapel in the Woods
- Reservations can be made one year in advance.
- Seating capacity is 18 people.
- No amplified equipment allowed. A portable tape player may be used inside the chapel to provide music. Music must be played at a volume that will not be disturbing to other park visitors.
- Chapel is not ADA accessible. Two four-inch steps exist going into the building.
- No vehicular or motorized access to the chapel. Chapel is approximately 350 yards from the parking area.
- There is a “no-smoking policy” throughout the virgin pines area and the chapel is in this forested area. Lighted (drip less) candles are permitted inside the chapel only.
- Decorations or props must be free-standing or taped. All evidence of decorations and/or props must be removed following the service.
- The chapel has no electricity or restrooms. Restrooms are available at the Visitor Center.
- During the ceremony, a park ranger may be assisting (depending on staffing availability) to help limit disturbances.
- Recreation Passports are required for vehicles entering the park. They may be obtained from the Secretary of State Office or at the park.
The fee to reserve the chapel is $116 for a two hour block of time, (10-Noon, Noon-2, or 2-4) plus a reservation fee.
To reserve the chapel please call 800-447-2757 or book online at www.midnrreservations.com under the Day Use tab.
For more information please contact the park at (989) 348-7068 on Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Winter hours may vary, please leave a message.